Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Oh, Those Aching Bones… :)

I don't know if bones can really ache but….many other body parts seem to be able to.  :)  Today is one of those days for me.  I can't even begin to share all that has happened recently, but, today, after many needful things being attended to, I'm ready for bed early and it's not even 6:00 p.m.  :)

I think that somedays are just like this.  We have to get things done in order to get ready for other things needing to be done.

We try to live simply and to reduce the workload with our 'maximizing' skills and letting-go and balancing etc. yet, perhaps these challenging days are the reminder that we're not always in control and…trials may come even when we're trying to do the best that we can.

I'm teaching an adult Sunday School lesson this week on Moses and the Exodus.  As I've prayerfully studied and pondered the material and the scriptures I've learned some personal and profound lessons.  I'm still learning them as I go but…one thing that I'm really thinking about are the Israelites.  Why did or didn't they heed their great leaders' inspired counsel.  Why did they need that refining time for so long?  What happened that caused them to obey or neglect weightier matters?  Were they aware of what was really going on?  Or, is it only us, in hindsight and with scriptural documentation, that we know the full story?

Are we like them?  Do we heed Prophetic counsel?  Are we willing to give up everything to enter into a greater and far more promised land?  Or, are we hanging on to things that are keeping us trapped on stuck in the things of this work?

Perhaps my own 'aching bones' today are an additional resource for my own understanding.  How well am I doing at all the things I know to be true?  Am I willing to let some things go in order to focus on the weightier matters?  I hope so.  That is my sincere and continued quest.

Maybe my tired body is just wanting me to rest so that I can think about these things; the ones that matter most and that mean the most to me.

4 comments:

  1. When I read the OT in 2000 I had the same questions about the children of Israel; now I have the same questions about us. Why don't we (the collective we) do the simple things that our prophets ask us to (over and over again); family prayer, family scripture study, family home evening. Why aren't we 100% in our home and visiting teaching? Are we any better than they were, chasing after idols? Sports, cars, celebrities, etc. It's sobering to contemplate. So sorry about your aching bones, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rozy, Thanks for your great insights and….strengths. It's such a simple thing to know all these things and…..yet, another, to actually be willing and submissive to 'do' all these things. Like you, my testimony is that there is nothing more important or that matters more! I love to know of others' who feel the same; like you and LeAnn! Thanks for your added witness and strength.

      And….I do feel better today. :) Sometimes those 'aching' things help us rest and recoup. :)

      Delete
  2. I think I am feeling just like you. I have aching places too. I also am on a quest to do the more important things instead of other things I may like to do. Conference of course was a boost. Right now I am going to be with my only brother who is presently close to passing away. Perspective down change when faced with this kind of moment. Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LeAnn, Blessings to you, too. You always lift and bless me. And, it is very apparent, that you are sincerely striving to put first things first. Bless you for that and for your example to us all.

      My thoughts and prayers are with you and your brother and family at this time. I hope it will be a sacred time and that you will have the love and comfort that is needful at this time.

      Hugs back! :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments.