Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Things of My Soul

Who of us online wants to be criticized, ridiculed and/or mocked for our beliefs?  Do we dare place ourselves 'out there' to be condemned or persecuted for sharing the things of our heart and soul?  Would it be better to just keep things to ourselves and not to say anything? 

I used to lean more toward the latter.  Not because I didn't 'dare' - rather because I didn't want to be part of the controversial and negative conversation.  I've had quite a few different blogs over the years for different reasons; preparedness, homeschooling, home-management and organization etc.  I've kept things quite reserved and without much fanfare.  Among a few personal things - I've shared some good quotes and messages from others' and included links to great resources and materials.

But, the internet is being filled with some 'not-so-good' things by those who don't seem to mind contention.  It's time that I stand-up more often and peacefully defend some of the things that I believe to be true.  It's the season to defend my beliefs of the church which I hold sacred and which are dear to me.  It's past time for fear and is the moment for those of us in the background to be willing to take to the front-lines.


Don't get me wrong.  I'm not really a fearful person.  Ask people who know me; I'm fairly out-spoken, strong, and willing to stand-alone for what I believe in.  Life experiences have proven to be so in that regard.  Any of us who have placed ourselves in the line of fire - must have some sense of mission or we wouldn't be doing it.  We are sometimes those who might not be subdued by the pointing fingers of others' - rather, the ones willing to give our service in the causes we esteem to be of greatest worth.

I have several blogging friends who stand strong.  They are powerful witnesses of the truth and unwavering in their testimonies of their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

We know that He is coming back to the earth.  Whether others' believe this or not - does not change what God has declared will happen.  Others' can mock us all day long - but...when the night comes - they may finally think differently.

Noah had many disbelievers in his crowd.  He taught with love and his whole energy and...only eight listened.  The others' realized their error only after it was too late.

President Benson was a Prophet of God. This following warning has helped me as I've sought for temporal and spiritual preparedness.  It can't be understated - the messages which the Lord is giving to us for our protection.  I often wonder why so many are not heeding:

"Too often we bask in our comfortable complacency and rationalize that the ravages of war, economic disaster, famine, and earthquake cannot happen here. Those who believe this are either not acquainted with the revelations of the Lord, or they do not believe them. Those who smugly think these calamities will not happen, that they somehow will be set aside because of the righteousness of the Saints, are deceived and will rue that day they harbored such a delusion". --- Pres. Ezra Taft Benson, Prepare for the Days of Tribulation

Part of the responsibility of being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - is to stand as a witness for God at all times and in all places.  I seek to do that.  Despite opposition that may come - I desire to stand strong and firm in the faith.  I remember a friend once saying "Right is always right even if no one is doing it and wrong is always wrong even if 'everyone' is doing it."  We have a moral, and eternal, obligation to do whatever the Lord would have us do, even if it means discomfort or sacrifice on our part.

From the innermost depths of my soul I know that My Redeemer Lives.  I will stand as a witness of Him at all times and in all places.  I will continue to strive to be an example of the believers, to let my voice be heard among the masses, and to defend the principles of faith, family and freedom which I hold so dearly in my heart.  These are the things of My Soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.