Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Of Course We're Christian; Glenn Beck's Interview Removed

Focus on the Family with Dr. James Dobson -- pulled an interview with Glenn Beck. They made excuses for why the wouldn't air it -- but, we all know that it's because they don't 'think' we're Christian. http://www.ldsmag.com/editorial/090109reason.html

Of course we are. Those of us who know what we believe almost can't fathom that anyone would tell us otherwise. Do they even know what we believe and feel? No, they don't. They have been 'taught' (or blinded) otherwise. (I wonder who spearheaded that movement.)

Glenn Beck's new DVD "An Unlikely Mormon" brought me to tears several times. His powerful witness of the Savior and how he came to know Him --- is deeply moving. He is honest, forthright and very open about his life's struggles and how coming to truly know the Lord has changed his whole existence. If you haven't seen it -- I would STRONGLY encourage it. You'll never be the same again.

5 comments:

  1. I have always been amused by those who take it upon themselves to decide whether or not we are Christians. They base in strictly on their interpretations of the Bible. What is a 'Christian', anyway? Is it a person who follows Christ? James 1:27 says: "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." Does Dr. Dobson's church send out over 50,000 missionaries a year at their own expense? Are they ever among the first responders to a natural disaster anywhere in the world? It would seem to me that if Dr. Dobson's criteria were to be based on the Bible, they might need to question their own Christianity. Further, can we send Dr. Dobson a copy of Elder Holland's conference address from last year on this subject?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, found their ignorance truly frustrating. Even in my own family, there are those who firmly stand on the premise that we don't believe in Christ. They have been in my home and seen the pictures of Christ. Go figure...So many are truly blinded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this. I get offended when people say we are not Christians. Christ is the center of my life and life wouldn't be worth living if He hadn't atoned for our sins. Thank you for directing me to your blog. I have subscribed to your RSS feed and will be back again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. About us not being Christians ? It makes me nuts ! I agree with the other comments and thank you for posting this story.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.