Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thanksgiving and journal writing

Despite the fact that the stores are filled with Christmas items --- it's our blessing and privilege to take time out for Thanksgiving and to count our many blessings.

My sweet Uncle Earl brought me over a new journal yesterday! I was very touched and humbled!

On Sunday in our personal history class I mentioned that I had just finished writing on the last page of my journal and would be saving my pennies to buy another one! Unbenonced to me, he had a new one that he wasn't using and was somehow prompted to think of me. I would bet that he has no idea of how much that meant to me (though I will try to tell him) as I will think of him and feel humbled and grateful EVERY time I write in it!

This thing touched my heart and reminded me of how the little things in life mean the most; a kind word, a thoughtful note, a hug or pat on the back, encouragement, noticing a need and giving of one's self or one's means.

This past year has brought some difficult challenges for our family. The kind gesture of a thoughtful person truly uplifted me and lightened my load. For that I am extremely grateful. I am starting my beautiful new journal tonight with a page of all the things that I have to be thankful for. Uncle Earl will be at the top. Thank you, Uncle Earl!

And, thank you for those of you who make kind comments on any of my blogs. You bless my life and help me along the path!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.