Monday, October 6, 2008

Messages of hope and inspiration

This past Saturday and Sunday, we gathered in homes and churches around the world to hear messages from our church leaders in what we call our semi-annual General Conference. Speakers were chosen from church leadership including the Prophets and Apostles. It's my favorite time of year and I am always saddened when it is over as I love what we are taught and how we are inspired.

I wrote down a few favorite passages that were of hope, strength and inspiration to me.

"Faithfully endure trials."
"The rain falls on the just and unjust."
"We are not going to suffer any more than is for our good."
"The Atonement of Christ covers all the trials we may experience."
"Heavenly Father is mindful of the trials we face."
"Care for one anothers."
"Keep the Commandments."
"Be of good cheer, for I am the Lord and will be with you."
"Continue to persevere."
"Every cloud doesn't result in rain."
"There will be lean years and years of plenty."
"This work is true. Our Savior lives. He guides this church".

How grateful I am for truths that strengthen us, remind us of what we already know, and encourage us to perservere amidst storms of life. There is joy to be found in the journey as we walk the paths of life. In the day-to-day challenges of life we are to express gratitude and, thereby, find happiness.

3 comments:

  1. I picked out some of those, too--especially "Every cloud doesn't result in rain."

    Thanks for the recap.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.