Thursday, September 25, 2008

Church Leadership

I am very grateful for good church leadership. Every once-in-a-while I get a call from a church leader or member who wants to check on me to see how I am doing. I appreciate that. I am grateful to know that we can care about and help each other as we're in this earthly realm.

Someone once said that 'we're not human beings having a spiritual experience - but spiritual beings having a human experience'. I like that perspective and appreciate it's truth.

Our lives can be filled with all kinds of challenges, trials and opportunities for growth and learning. When we fall down or scrape a knee -- it's nice to know that someone else cares, or has a band-aid or some ointment.

I hope that I'm that person for others' when they need a listening ear, hug, or inspirational message. Perhaps that's the greatest lesson in life; to learn to love others despite the challenges and struggles.

2 comments:

  1. Your comments made me think of some great leaders who had an influence on my life.

    I am continuously amazed by the number of good people who are so willing to serve. Yet the need for service is also great.

    In a few days I will go to our new ward for the first time. I am anxious to see what we find there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.