Monday, August 18, 2008

Temple Square

Last Thursday we went on a long-awaited and very-needed short 'vacation'. We ended up staying at the Hampton Inn at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, Utah. (It was a nice hotel as I have a thing for clean places to sleep). We spent a few hrs. with Mona, a woman in Orem who TRULY helps in the healing process (we LOVE her and she does WONDERS for us all) and then ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant: Taco Amigo, in Orem. (I worked there when I was 15-16).

We shopped for school clothes the following day and ate Crepes in West Jordan at European Connection (Ashley's choice). We swam in the evening when we got back to the hotel and ended the day by watching the olympics; women's gymnastics and men's swimming.

Saturday morning we loaded the car, checked-out of the hotel, and headed to Salt Lake and to Temple Square. (This was my vote for the day.) It had been several years since we'd seen the movie "Joseph Smith, Prophet of the Restoration" and I had been wanting to take the children there for several months. I wasn't disappointed. In fact, I was awed and humbled and we were all very moved by the powerful and truly sweet presentation. We were touched by the Spirit of the Lord as we saw His hand in restoring the truths of His gospel to the earth in these latter-days. It was an unforgettable experience and brought us all closer as a family. As we walked around Temple Square after the movie, the children were more reverant. I am grateful that they were able to feel the Spirit of the Lord as it teaches us, blesses us, and subdues us. It was honestly their favorite part of the trip.

1 comment:

  1. Very glad you took this opportunity with your family. It has been quite a while since I have been down to see the movie. Thanks for the good FHE idea. Also thanks for stopping by my site and adding me to your list :)
    Keep in touch, and Keep the Faith! - MoSop

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.