Friday, August 22, 2008

A House of Order

In my quest for a House of Order -- I've pondered many things. One of the scriptures that comes to mind is 'don't run faster than you have strength'.

I've found that simplifying the work to be done is the best place to start. The less we have (physically and emotionally) the easier it is to accomplish other tasks.

When I realized that you never see a hearse pulling a U-Haul it made me think of all that we collect and attain throughout our lives. We spend much of our mortal so-journ gathering 'stuff and things' around us. Some of these bless our lives -- others don't.

As we lessen the load we are able to enjoy more of the free things that God has given to us; a birds' chirp, a walk down the road, barefeet in the sand, sun shining on our face, a child's laugh, hugs, neighbors who wave, rain and rainbows, crickets at night, stars in the sky.

The load lessened helps us to put our own personal house (our self) in better order so as to be more attuned to God's word, His will and His craftsmanship.

4 comments:

  1. i love the way you worded this! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog and I love the thoughts and sentiments expressed. I will check back frequently. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best things in life are free--nature, kindness, peace--and are in fact, not things. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.