In the church, Young Men ages 12 - 18 are encouraged to participate fully in scouting, earn their Eagle Scout and participate in Duty to God -- a partner in scouting. My son is working towards these goals which are truly strengthening him educationally, spiritually, morally, physically and socially.
Young men are instructed and strive to:
1. Keep the commandments of God.
2. Live high standards or moral and personal cleanliness and worthiness.
3. Have daily personal prayer.
4. Read the scriptures.
5. Attend religious classes.
6. Attend regular church meetings.
7. Obey a law of health (called The Word Of Wisdom)
8. Pay a full tithe.
9. Prepare the sacrament.
10. Serve others and obeying church leaders.
They are also instructed to “Seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith.” D&C 88:118